Business Analyst (UI/UX)
Friday, except on Federal holidays. There may be some limited travel to an offsite GSA site or regional office.
OmniSolve is seeking a UI/UX Business Analyst with expertise and experience to support a client in gathering and analyzing requirements, conducting cost estimating and other functions to ensure existing and future projects are scoped appropriately.
Founded in 2001, OmniSolve is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients grow and succeed. We have the broad resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients. This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. OmniSolve offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development.
Come grow with us. Learn more at www.omnisolve.com.
- Facilitate and lead requirements-gathering sessions with business stakeholders at a high-level to utilize for cost estimating purposes.
- Collaborate with analysts, architects, and users to identify and improve new user interface and experiences for successful implementation and component requirements including new components, application deficiencies, accessibility, and other requirements.
- Create user stories, journey maps, and acceptance criteria for modernization projects as needed.
- Participate in kick-off meetings as required to review the requirements at a high-level or review proposed scope of work to ensure all requirements are covered.; however, shortly after a project kick off, involvement will be on an as needed basis but should be minimal.
- Create and maintain documentation for applications, products and services, such as user guides, technical specifications, training materials and reports.
- Generate and present regular reports on the status, performance and issues of business and IT solutions.
- Work with other members of the solutions review team to collect and calculate high-level cost estimates for possible solutions. This will entail working with different vendors to collect costs then presenting it in a consistent manner across all solutions as well as utilizing previous cost estimates to estimate certain elements of a solution. Assist in creating the final presentation of solutions and possibly presenting.
- Assist with identification and remediation of accessibility issues on public websites, recommending solutions to ensure optimal user experiences for all users; specifically as it relates to Section 508 and IDEA act compliance.
- Being comfortable and efficient leading virtual working sessions remotely with business line personnel (mostly non-technical) and sometimes more technical like IT PMs to formulate requirements.
- Being able to read through a business needs document and formulate questions to fill in gaps to document requirements as well as ask questions and provide tangible examples to help business/mission users express what they need.
- Being comfortable working on multiple projects at once and appropriately prioritizing work as well as escalating issues as needed.
- Experience facilitating meetings
- Experience with UI/UX and preparing requirements that drive exceptional user experience
- Experience documenting and developing cost estimates
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Excellent presentations and communication (written and verbal)
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint Visio, and proficiency and strength in verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Previous experience with the Federal Government
- Certification in User Experience / User Design